Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you Angela (Egg Reader) for nominating me for this award. Check out her blog, she’s got an awesome page with tons of great posts.
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Answers to Angela’s Questions
1) What is your favorite book ship of all time?
This one is a little tough, but I’d have to say I’ve always gone back to Divergent. The strength and mentality it takes to be part of this world is already a strong reason to ship it, but then we also have Tris and Four. It might also be that I heart Four more out of every other male lead lol, either way Tris and Four in Divergent are the best.
2) What is your favorite series?
You would think Divergent after that lol, but nope it’s Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. I love everything about it with all of the supernatural elements involved, and of course the one that makes it what it is… Odd.
3) What is your favorite standalone?
I’m sure I can’t just choose one as my definite favorite, so I will pick two lol. I had never read anything by Jodi Picoult until I picked up Leaving Time and though many parts were about elephants, I actually really enjoyed the way this story was written. My second pick is Before I Fall. It was such an emotional roller coaster.
4) Do you listen to music when you read, if so what kind?
I love music and listen to it whenever I can, but when it comes to reading, music is not a part of it. It’s a little weird because I can watch tv while reading and hear the noises, but it doesn’t work the same way with music.
5) Who is the worst villain you’ve ever read?
I’m pretty sure for this one many would agree Voldemort from Harry Potter series in that worst villains category, but I’d definitely say that Randall Flagg from Stephen King’s The Stand has him beat.
6) If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
There are so many cool super powers out there, but I’d have to say Shapeshifter sounds about right. I mean to shapeshift into anything and anyone already sounds awesome in itself, but if it somehow includes picking up abilities (even if only for a short time) from the other person being shifted into, the possibilities are endless.
7) Who is your fictional husband/wife?
Yup, that would be Four lol. I heart several other fictional characters but none compare to my love for Tobias Eaton.
8) Who is your favorite author?
There are so many great authors out there and tons of good reads that I can’t get enough of, but my favorite out of all of them is Dean Koontz. I’ve always found a love for his books and everything he brings together in those worlds.
9) Who is your book reading BFF?
Sadly, I am mostly alone with my reading as we recently moved this way, but happy to say a book club has just started in town and the first meeting is this Friday. I’m really looking forward to connecting with other book lovers there and planning our read for the next get together.
10) If you could visit one book setting which setting would it be?
I’d be lying if I said any other world instead of Harry Potter. There are so many other great places in books and definitely tons I would want to see, but Harry Potter beats them all out. If by any chance magic took over or found a place into our world, I would use it to get myself into the Harry Potter books (well the not so scary parts lol).
11) What book made you fall in love with reading?
That would be James and the Giant Peach then followed by several more of Roald Dahl books including Matilda, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and The BFG.
*The blogs I would have nominated for this award, have already received it through other bloggers. So, for this time around I’m not posting any other questions. Had tons of fun participating in this award and seeing everyone else’s responses to their nomination.*